Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Step Two - Wait some more...

I've been waiting a long time to be this 'green'. Actually, it's that I've been waiting a long time to have the opportunity to do something much more right than what I've been doing. I've been waiting a long time to be in and have a more sustainable frame of mind and way of life. Now I need the patience to endure the next couple of months of trials I know I'll face, new things I must learn quickly, well, and without fail.

Update to the last:

The boiler is in the driveway secured under a standard Alaskan-household-issue blue tarp (held in place with a scrap of rope left over from the treehouse project...), 1,316 pounds of cast iron, boiler plate, ceramic, and stainless steel waiting for the boiler house to be built... (The 1,316 pounds also included two quarts of Maple Syrup from New Hampshire - home to Tarm USA (clicking noise with tongue, points finger like gun, winks suggestively)) Last year this time we had budding trees, warm nights, and the moose were pelletizing the front yard... And while the spot is cleared for the boiler house, the ground is still frozen hard just 3 inches below the surface - just barely below the thin layer of humus that those evil dandelions seem to thrive in.

The pellet mill hit the credit card this morning - hard enough to wear off a couple of digits a little right of center. The funds are poised in my bank account waiting for the points system to catch up so I can pay it off in one go - gotta have that 'free gift', right? The pellet mill hitting the card means the truck is underway - they say 11 days from them to me, provided they get the boat schedule just right and hand it off at the dock in Tacoma... Can't wait - I've been collecting chips off the lathe and from the planer all winter - I'm thinking they need a little compressing before I drown in them...

The chickens were hand fed freshly caught mosquitoes today - what a life...

My T's are free until fall - just need to get the R's back now and there will be much progress and rejoicing...

Off to dig a little, scrape, pickpickpickpickpickpickpickpick..........

No comments: