Thursday, June 19, 2008

Step Five - More waiting - building - inspections...

So what do you do when you're waiting that first week before building anything on your new concrete? Walk barefoot on the new coolness, of course! Use all 4 if you got 'em - Styopa did... I only got off the pad long enough to take the picture :)



OK - we had the pour done on the 7th - then waited a week before building. In the meantime, I arranged for the bulk of the building material to be delivered on the 14th - hopefully earlier in the day, but the 14th sometime... The truck pulled up about 3, dropped (literally) the load in the driveway, and left - Alexander and I started moving piles... About 4 we discovered that there were 8 single items missing - called the friendly folks at Northland Wood Products, Inc. (452-4000) - in 45 minutes it was delivered and stacked... Whew! Try that with Homie D's or Lowelys... I guess I'll be going back there for quite a few other things in the next couple of weeks...

Sunday I spent building the main walls (north/south end of the main section, and the east/west walls of the studio side. We shuffled some things here and there and stopped here:



I stopped in to Lowe's that evening to see if the shingles had arrived. (only place around that deals in Owens-Corning...) I knew they had because I checked my order status online. But I wanted to see if they knew that the order had arrived. Nope. I got there with my receipt, asked if they could locate my order - it took 30 minutes to determine that: yes, they were ordered - yes, they were delivered - they came off the truck the day before and that they were ready to pick up. Interesting that they hadn't called me to tell me they were in... Oh, well... Three trips later (with the handy mini-trailer) I had a stack of shingle bundles at the side of my driveway. A good day's work...

A day deserving of one of the best lagers ever!

(A shout out to the members of the former 32d Armored Regiment, 2d Bn, A Co., and the 69th Armor, 2d Bn!)
AND - not only was it Father's Day, but I was building stuff! :)

A bit later the building inspectors came to check out the framing:


One of them had harsh comments...

Hmm...


See you next time~




No comments: