Thursday, June 26, 2008

Step Six - Try not to run out of steam...

So I left you hanging with only 4 of the walls up - 2 ends and 2 half sides...
We finished the walls, filled in the corners, did the 'plumb-and-line' and bracing, got the trusses delivered, and got about 4 hours in on the roof. I hope to have most of the rest of the trusses raised over the next 2 or 3 evenings then have the whole thing sheathed and nailed off over the next week or so. I may not be 'Dry by July', but I'll be close. Here's the run-up to today:

Finished the walls...


The corners will be closed off last:

Door trimmer detail:

Corner top plate detail:

Window trimmers/cripples detail:

Anchor / corner detail:

Bracing (not much needed really - it came out straight, for once)

Roof trusses as delivered - it was the same driver as the last two times...
If you ever need a roof - call Fairbanks Truss Company (907-479-4346)
It's about as worry free as you can get...

Starting to spread them out - first gable is up:

Trusses spread out for raising:

First 3 and 2nd gable:

Blocking (Detail courtesy Martin Engineering, Inc.)

Blocking from the inside:

As it stands now...


I'm picking up the Insulpex pipe over my lunch break from Keller Supply - it's the pipe that'll run underground from the boiler house to the house - all one piece, insulated...

No mill news - haven't had the time to crank it up lately.

No bike news other than I've bought the drive sprocket cassette, the disc brakes are in the mail, I have the pillow blocks for the rear axles, and I have several pounds of fasteners all conveniently arranged at the bottom of an old lasagne pan, along with a handful of wood chips and some escaped pellets for padding... I'll have to get pictures of the progress soon...

No chicken news... Though I'm thinking of side blogs for each of them to record their chronicles... Barnia? I can imagine it would be pretty boring... "Pecked at the shiny thing, ate some crumbly stuff, had a drink. Considered the consequences of my actions concerning my particular place in the universe and my personal role in it all - the 'what would happen if I weren't here?' question. And did I come first or was it the egg? Oh, look - a shiny thing!"

Never mind...


~Gustatus Similis Pullus~




No comments: