Monday, July 14, 2008

Step Seven - part deux...

OK, if the Ancient Egyptians had had Jeeps - who knows what they could have done!

I made a skid from some old dunnage I had laying about - cut some curved ends on the bandsaw, pried the boiler up so I could get them underneath, then nailed on some cross pieces so it wouldn't fold up as I pulled it behind the Jeep...



Attach a yoke I made from an old climbing rope to my hitch ball and drag -
I stopped so the boiler was pointing at the door of the boiler house...



More lumber from the yard and more skids - disconnect the airbag - push. This time the skids are longer so they would also be a ramp leading up into the building...




That's about as far as I get like this...



It's in... Technically...



Lots of prying with my 24" pinch bar, a few small wooden blocks, and it's more or less in place. (I reused the original skids to take it across the floor...) It's now sitting on 8 of those 12"square paving blocks you can see at the base of the wall...



And while I'm out here I'll assemble and install the two windows and insulate the rest of the walls...





I also installed one of the doors but neglected to take a photo...

Too much caffeine for one day, maybe?

Nah...



Beans courtesy The Alaska Coffee Roasting Company
(It's only blurry because I was shaking so fast...)

See you next time, unless you're blurry...


I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee. ~Flash Rosenberg

No comments: