Thursday, July 31, 2008

Step Ten - move inside where it's dry...

Over the last few days I've pretty much sheetrocked the ceilings, the 'Lab' walls, and the parting wall between the two sides. I've also collected most of the parts for the electrical hookup and some of the boiler plumbing - I plan on taping and mudding the Lab before plumbing and wiring everything so I won't have to go back and move things to mud around them... Also, with the weather, I can get the seams mudded and then start rough plumbing since it may take some time to harden up... I can also get that trench done that I've been grumbling about...
So from what I was murmuring about in the last post, here's the other side - the 'Studio'...
This is what the neighbor to the South would see...


Inside looking East - (some stockpiling going on...)

Looking West at the main house through the kitchen window... (more stockpiling against the bathroom wall and there's still film on the window...)


Looking East in the Lab - parting wall not covered...


Looking West-ish...



Ater a couple of evenings with nothing better to do, the ceilings are covered, insulated, and the parting wall is covered on the Lab side...


Now I need some light to work by - more incentive to get the utilities in... Then I can work on the maze of plumbing that accompanies a boiler installation ;) Oh, and the water tank. And the studio heating. And maybe I'll re-mill the maple flooring I picked up from that old basketball court. And...

The inspector says I need another cup of coffee... Hmm...


A chief event of life is the day in which we have encountered a mind that startled us.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson





No comments: